Welcome to NSFX, would you like
to take a quick tour ?
The World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index 2009-2010
- Ranked 33rd from 133 Countries in the category ‘Financial Market Sophistication’
- Ranked 10th in the world for ‘Sound Banking System’
Global Financial Services Index, published by the City of London March 2008
- Ranked 4th as the financial center most likely to increase importance in the next coming years
- Ranked 5th as the center where organizations are most likely to begin new operations in coming years.
Stable Political and Economic Climate
- Malta is a Parliamentary Republic with a strong democratic tradition and member of the European Union.
- Politics is dominated by two long established and respected political parties
- Acknowledged by the EU for its liberal economic policies and open economy
- Understood by multi-national companies as a business environment ripe for investment
- Internationally acclaimed modern legal and taxation framework
The Maltese Forex Regulator
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
The Malta Financial Services Authority MFSA is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was set up by special Act of Parliament, the Malta Financial Services Authority Act, 1988 as amended in 1994 and 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis. – MFSA
- Established by statute in 1988
- Fully Independent and Autonomous
- Self-Funded & Resourced Organization
- EU Member State
- OECD Strategic Partner
Full Member of:
- European Banking Authority (EBA),
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
- International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)